No one has time to be sick! It’s officially fall, when cold and flu bugs will be trying to set up camp in our bodies.
Consider the following statistics:
- 80% of your co-workers show up sick-is your immune system up for the challenge?
- 60% of Americans don’t get paid sick days, averaging loss of $120/day.
- One third of parents with children report fears of losing their jobs and/or pay over the need to stay with a sick child.
The best defense is a strong offense! Let’s arm ourselves NOW by shoring up our families’ immune systems to avert these viruses. Here are my recommendations for avoiding colds, flus, and even cancers.
Preventative Care for Adults:
1. Upper Cervical Spinal Care – Dr. Ronald Pero (Chief of Cancer Prevention Research at New York Preventative Medicine Institute) proved that regular spinal maintenance care enhances the immune system by a whopping 200%.
2. Moderate Exercise – Under OR over doing it suppresses immunity, but moderate exercise boosts immunity. An optimal workout is 20-30 minutes of HIIT (High intensity interval) training, but a brisk walk will suffice.
3. Sleep – Lack of sleep weakens the immune system, as well as making you more prone to weight gain, so get 7-8 hours nightly.
4. Immuplex® – This product contains whole food vitamin complexes of A, C, E, zinc, copper, chromium, iron, selenium, thymus, liver, and spleen support. This immunity-boosting multivitamin can replace your regular multivitamin (e.g., Catalyn) in the winter.
5. Calcium Lactate – Ionized Calcium helps activate phagocytosis and other immune cells, therefore your body requires more calcium during cold and flu season. One reason we get fevers is that the elevated temperature leaches calcium needed for immunity out of our bones.
6. Vitamin D – It is becoming more popular to refer to “Flu and Cold season” as “low vitamin D season.” Low vitamin D, due to lack of sun exposure in the winter, suppresses immune system function. Take 5,000 IU of Vitamin D, twice a day, to compensate for lack of sunlight during the winter.
7. Saint John’s Wort – Most commonly used today for depression, it’s actually a powerful anti-viral, as well as treatment for nerve pain.
8. Probiotics – These body-friendly bugs should be taken all year, as they’re necessary for dozens of biological functions, including immune response. Did you know that 70% of your immune system is in your gut? Most of us have wiped them out with processed foods antibiotics, so it’s necessary to replenish them for a healthy immune system response – not just to germs but also cancers.
Preventative Care for Children:
1. Upper Cervical Spinal Care (see above)
2. Calcium/Magnesium/Vit.D Liquid – Great for kids to get them needed Calcium and vitamin D.
3. ImmunoBerry Liquid – A great tasting liquid for children to strengthen their immune system, it has elderberry, astragalus, shiitake & maitake mushroom, and beta-1-3-glucan.
4. Chewable Congaplex -This complex contains whole food Vitamins A & C, thymus support, Calcium Lactate, and Ribonucleic Acid (RNA).
For Acute Infection for Adults (take at first sign of an infection):
1. Congaplex – This product contains whole food vitamins A & C, thymus support, calcium lactate, and Ribonucleic acid (RNA), making it a great product for feeding the immune system what it needs when under attack.
2. Andrographis Complex – Andrographis, Echinacea, and Holy Basil stimulate the immune system to rid the body of infections more rapidly. Congaplex and Andrographis pack a powerful one-two punch for any infection.
3. Euphrasia and Bronchafect – These products are recommended only if infection progresses to sinuses (Euphrasia) or chest (Bronchafect).
4. N-Acetyl Cysteine – A cellular energy booster, N-Acetyl Cysteine helps when you experience very low energy during infection.
Acute Infection for Children:
1. Administer the products recommended above, only at 2-4 times the amount recommended for prevention. (Age dependent.)
External things (germs) never cause disease; they are merely agents waiting around to infect susceptible hosts. Rather than being at war against germs, we ought to worry more about strengthening our resistance to them.
~ Andrew Weil M.D.
ACT NOW! Follow the appropriate protocols above to avert illness in the coming months. Your family, your bank account, and your body will thank you later!